One IT Service Management Software Tool for Multiple Departments
One ITSM Software Tool, Many Departments
Sharing one software tool across different service teams for business processes that require action from multiple departments allows everyone to work toward a common goal while keeping sensitive information secure.
Consider the process of onboarding a new employee.
Between submitting the job requisition form and preparing the new hire’s work environment, at least three different departments are accountable for moving this process forward successfully: Human Resources, Facilities and IT.
If you’ve been on the side of hiring before, you probably know how much time and how many resources it takes to not only find the right person for the job, but to also prepare them for the first day on-the-job training.
Here’s the good news: using ITSM software, such as Vivantio, that new hire checklist can be streamlined and automated, and, as a result, your new employee (i.e., your internal customer) will be happy from day one.
Using employee onboarding as the example, let’s take a closer look at the steps each department can tackle using one ITSM software tool while keeping each department’s data secure:
- Streamline the onboarding process by reducing paperwork, receiving status alerts on important contract updates and monitoring the overall progress of onboarding
- Eliminate redundant data such as salary, contact, and personal information by integrating your ITSM platform with your current data tools and by using dashboards and reports accessible among your HR team
- Use self-service portals to automate e-signing new hire documents and eliminate back-and-forth requests between the department and new hire
- Improve interdepartmental communication and coordinate timelines via trigger rules and workflows for new hire training
Send notifications alerting IT support staff to configure a new hire’s laptop
With automation, reduce the amount of time it takes to get approvals so the new hire can get up and running faster
Trigger multi-departmental events like setting up access to important business tools and company intranet for the new hire
- Track and manage the process of setting up the new hire’s workspace, ranging from hardware installation to moving desk furniture
Asset management helps teams manage the new hire’s assets like computers and software with efficiency and accuracy
With integration capabilities, IT can seamlessly integrate a new employee’s technology into the company’s network
- Manage and track the status of employee’s email account creation and necessary software installations
- Enable new employees to find the IT information they need in a searchable online knowledge base
These examples from our customers aren’t the only way you can maximize the use of ITSM platforms. Overall, service management software can reduce operational costs, streamline processes and allows you to maintain customer service excellence across the entire organization. When you’re ready to jump on the ITSM platform bandwagon, make sure you consider the type of service desk you plan to operate and take a holistic approach to serving the needs of multiple departments, ensuring your business is running as efficiently as possible. Your customers will thank you for it.